I love, love, love Autumn. The air is crisp the trees are beautiful and you’re just beginning to feel the excitement of upcoming holidays. I got together with some friends for a pumpkin cooking day and made some delicious treats. Here are the pumpkin bread recipe we used and recommend!
Pumpkin Bread (with slight revisions)
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9×5 inch loaf pans.<– we used 2 loaf pans and then made muffins!
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, oil, sugar, and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and cloves; stir into the pumpkin mixture until well blended. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. The top of the loaf should spring back when lightly pressed.