- Repainted 90% of the house exterior with just some of the trim and future addition left to go
- Rewired 80% of the house with just the basement and future bathroom left
- Demolished the slanty addition and regraded the backyard
- Poured a concrete foundation for our bathroom
- DIY’d a new partial retaining wall in the basement
- Took out the horrid paneling in the basement
- Leveled the house ourselves, bringing it up about six inches on one side (which made walking through the house less Willy Wonka and as a added plus added a few inches of head room in our short basement)
- Moved four doorways and bumped out the kitchen wall
- Decided on a pass-through in the kitchen instead of a peninsula (this was a heated debate)
- Determined that the chimney is not salvageable and must build anew (eek!)
- Demolished our front porch and are 60% done with the rebuild
- Took down all the laven plaster and have been pulling nails out getting the studs ready for drywall
This is a photo of the new exterior paint job from two months back – the porch now looks very different.
I’ve been pretty mute on the house progress lately but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been busy little bees. At this state we’ve opened every single wall and know this house backwards and forwards, inside and out – there will be no surprises in the future! We still have a long ways to go, but we have come so far!
We’ll start seeing walls on our bathroom go up in the next two weeks, finish wiring and start insulating. So excited to see it come together and cannot wait to have a housewarming party (but let’s not get ahead of ourselves!).