- Ripped up the carpet
- Took down the plaster
- Put up drywall
- Leveled the house
- Bumped out the kitchen two feet
- Sanded and sealed the wood floors
- Added a pass-through to the kitchen
- Moved the kitchen entryway
A few things that we weren’t able to do:
- Save ALL the molding – we were able to salvage enough to wrap the doorways, but lost the beautiful picture rail and pass through molding. Once more of the larger projects are completed we’ll look at adding this back in the coming years
- Salvage the fireplace – this was a huge heartbreaker. The original plan was to repair it, but after leveling the house it became a safety hazard. And with our splurges in other areas of the house we couldn’t afford to rebuild.
What do you think? I think it’s far from “finished” but we have come a long way. We’re working on furnishing and decorating at the moment. Way more fun than demo and construction! If you have any questions or posts you’d like on our fixer upper adventure – feel free to suggest in the comments!