I’ve grown quite addicted to Metropolitan Market’s banana pudding. It feels like every weekend I’m finding a reason to pick up a delicious cup. But at $4 a pop for a small serving, I couldn’t keep it up. I decided to experiment with replicating the recipe at home. I studied the ingredient list: pudding mix, vanilla wafers, bananas, heavy cream, and the secret ingredient – sweetened condensed milk.
It tastes just like at the store, a rich, creamy banana pudding. My taste buds are so excited that I unlocked the secret, my waist line, not so much.
- small box banana pudding mix
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 bananas
- heavy cream for whipped cream
- 1 box vanilla wafers to taste
- a few tablespoons sugar
- vanilla extract
- heavy whipping cream
- In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and water.
- Add banana pudding mix; beat until well blended.
- Chill 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat heavy whipping cream until stiff. Add sugar and vanilla to taste.
- Fold in half of the whipped and add sliced bananas.
- Layer pudding mix, whipped cream and vanilla wafers in a serving dish.
- Garnish as desired (in my case salted caramel sauce!)
Leave a Reply